Followers

Thursday 9 February 2017

Three or more patterned papers...Southern Girls Challenge #153


Hello, I'm a bit late today...thought I'd better give in and do a bit of housework, much against my inclinations! Still, it's done now and I can sit here in a rosy virtuous glow even though I know it's doomed to get messy again very quickly! Hubby will be returning from his walk with a large muddy Great Dane and my two eldest granddaughters will be in later for tea...fascinates me how kids create a mess without trying!!! :)
Anyways, this is my card for our new challenge over at Southern Girls which is '3 or more patterned papers' yes  '3 or more patterned papers' not '3 or more layers' which I'd convinced myself it was...made my card...went to add it to challenge blog and realised I'd made a boo boo! So back to the drawing board! At least this gorgeous image, Annabelle, was fun to colour so I was quite happy to colour her up again. My papers are from a pad which was a bargain buy at a local £1 shop...not sure of the make but the papers are gorgeous!
I do hope you can spare the time to visit over at Southern Girls, there's some gorgeous cards made by my teamies for you to enjoy, and of course we'd really love it if you choose to play along. We have a fantastic sponsor this time...Crafts And Me ...so someone is going to win some beautiful digis!
Before I go I'll share the first card...the one without 3 patterned papers....

Thanks for looking
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
craftycreations #334
inspirationdestination #121
lemonshortbread #34
craftingfromtheheart #145
classicdesignteamchallenge #11
craftsandme Feb Challenge
Crafty Awesomeness Feb Challenge
craftyfriends #50 girly


18 comments:

Chrissy said...

Both cards are beautiful Chris..I cannot count on my fingers how many times my mind has gone off on it's own and I've had to start again..lol..Beautiful papers and colours
and I love the butterflies and gorgeous image..

luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Two really lovely cards and what stunning hair on both cards, think my fav is the first one on the post, I love that corner die.

Kath x

Wendy said...

Both so gorgeous Chris, beautiful image and love those butterflies... your post made me smile, with hubby returning with a muddy Great Dane, same thing happens here I clean up doormat and kitchen floor after morning dog walk and then hubby takes him out again later and I then have to clean up again! Looking forward to dryer, warmer weather.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
you are so right about housework you no longer finish and it's time to start again somewhere in the house.
Brillant cards and such very wonderful designs too.
The images are so lovely and wonderful papers used.
Love the butterflies.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog

Judith said...

gorgeous Chris - have to say I rather love your 'wrong' version! - fabulous colours. Housework is a bad word Chris - you really shouldn't use it on your blog, besides no one appreciates it nearly as much as what you make in your craft room! - have a great weekend hugs judith x

Sue said...

I know the feeling well Chris I cringe when I get back from taking our two dogs out and it's been raining and it's all muddy! Love your wrong card Chris :)) and my housework went whizzing by today I thought about it but that was only a thought LOL! huggles Sue xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi chris ....both card are beautiful....love the top one....Housework....Mmmm now how do I do that!!!....Joolsx

kareN stampZ said...

wow wow wow so much opulence loving all the designer papers they work so well with your fabulously coloured image

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This looks fabulous. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

aussie aNNie said...

She is adorable Chris, lovely image and colours.xx{aNNie}

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Chris, the image is gorgeous, two very different cards with the change in colours.

Pat xx

chrissy xx said...

Think we've all made this mistake Chris..You are good putting them both up..Me? I tend to keep the wrong one until it fits the DT spot again lol.
Love both your cards..See you used the Butterfly die in different colours..GORgeous.
The print behind the image on the second one is such a great idea too.
Chrissyxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Well I love both cards but I love the second version just a little bit more! gorgeous colouring on them hon. Don't you go overdoing it on the housework now will you?! xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Hehe, I think you could have got away with either card Chris! You used patterned paper in your diecuts. So I think they're both brilliant. I love the soft tones of the top card and I love the way you layered the pretty papers to create the bottom border. Gorgeous image for sure. Love the original one you did, the colours are so bright and delish. I love the script paper you used behind the image. Did you fussy cut her? The line is invisible! Incredible job!! Gorgeous creations hunny on both. Hope you recovered from the housework and snuck some more time in your craft room to recover. Love what you did for this challenge hun. Both versions!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Victoria Rowson said...

Oh wow!! Such a amazingly gorgeous card!! It's beautiful in every way!! Thank you so much for sharing your stunning card with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. We appreciate your entry and hope you can join us again very soon. Hugs Victoria (DT) x

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely creation!
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Carla DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Michelle said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Lovely papers and images.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)